Stand Up Paddle Warrior
The Stand Up Paddle Warrior is a partnership project with WaterTrek Foundation & Starboard to engage Virginie Louppe a French disabled athlete in launching an environmental campaign in both India and Myanmar.
The objectives of this campaign is:
- To promote Stand Up Paddle as a sport that can link communities living in mountain ecosystems to communities living in coastal ecosystems and raise the profile of the negative impact on waterways and coastlines from man made pollution like plastic, mining and chemical contamination.
- To inspired young people especially those with disabilities that they can become world class athletes if they have the proper support and training environment and to cultivate a new generation of water sports athletes who will take care of their fragile ecosystems and playgrounds by keeping their waterways and coastlines clean from pollution and contamination.
- To engage with communities in the mountains of Meghalaya and plant trees on the slopes to prevent soil erosion to the rivers below that lead to the sea and to speak to school, college and university students in the local areas close to the rivers.
- To engage with the communities in the coastlines of Myanmar and plant mangrove trees on the coast to prevent impact of future storms, tsunamis, cyclones, flooding by protecting the vulnerable coastal communities and to speak to school and university students in the areas close the project site of Thor Heyerdahl Climate Park.
- To inspire the development of eco water sports tourism like Stand Up Paddling as way to create green jobs and sustainable livelihoods for both the mountain and coastal communities in both countries.
Your support will help cultivate a new generation of local water sports athletes who will take care of their fragile ecosystems and playgrounds by keeping their waterways and coastlines clean from pollution and contamination.